- Start: Monday, February 15
- End: Friday, February 19
This will be our last week reviewing probability concepts. First we’ll look at some useful inequalities. Then we will discuss asymptotics, leading to the central limit theorem.
After completing this week, you are expected to be able to:
- Provide bounds on probabilities using well known inequalities.
- Understand the difference between convergence in probability and distribution.
- Understand the central limit theorem.
- Approximate probabilities based on asymptotic normality.
- Understand the weak law of large numbers.
- Use the delta method.